Hubby and I recently picked up a folding table and chairs on clearance at Ikea that will be perfect for SCA use.
The chairs look like this and the table is very similar:
Photo from styleathome.com
As nice as they are, I’d like to do something a little extra.
First off, painting. To avoid confusion with other people who have the same chairs and to add some color, I’ve decided to paint them. Probably some sort of pattern along the cross-beams in gold, plus our arms in the center.
Secondly, embroidered cushions. The seats aren’t terribly comfortable without a cushion, and there are screws visible along the top of the seat. I’m thinking a basic wool tent-stitch design – maybe something heraldic again.
Anyways, we’re popping off to the craft store after work to pick up paints. Wish me luck (painting never was my strong suit).
My thread arrived and I’ve finished the eyelets on my bodies (and will get to the ones on my yellow petticoat eventually). This means that I have the base layer complete, and can start fitting my jacket. I have a mock-up partly done, and I think it’s good enough I can cut my lining for final fitting.
My goal is to the the fill thing finished by mid-May.
I’ve taken a break from sewing to make the lucet cord for lacing my bodies.
It’s my first attempt, but I’m pretty proud of how it turned out.
I love it when things come together without too much effort. The yellow petticoat is almost done. It still needs eyelets and hemming but I can’t sew the eyelets until my thread arrives, and I can’t hem it until I get all my eyelets sewn (so I can see where it sits).
I’ve started on my second petticoat (the sky blue one). It’s all cut, and now needs ironing, stitching, and pleating to the waistband. Then I’ll have to make another order of linen thread for the eyelets, if I can find a color that matches well (I have a color card coming in the current order).
I also have a pattern ready to go for the mock-up of my jacket. The ‘muslin’ fabric needs washing. It’s a nice 100% cotton I got on sale, so I may give it away once I have my final pattern made. There’s always people in need of things. I’m between sizes, so I’ve made the larger of the two sizes. It’s easy enough to cut a smaller size if I need it.
Also on my to do list is organizing my pattern box. I’ve been stashing all the patterns I’ve used in one big box for years now. I need to sort them into bags so all the pattern pieces are together, and get rid of all the patterns I no longer need.