Adventures With Hook and Eye Tape

My plan was to attach the hook and eye tape to my doublet lining, then sew that onto the outer fabric. This didn’t work. For some reason, the hook and eye tape decided to curl oddly. So much so that I though perhaps I had forgotten to cut down the front of one of my side-fronts. I took the hook and eye tape out.

The fronts lined up perfectly, so I sewed the lining to the outer fabric along the bottom and top collar. Suddenly, it behaves… Bother! Anyways, my plan is now to rip out a bit of the seams, re-attach the hook and eye tape to the lining, and then stitch the layers together nicely. Next time I’ll just leave it in.

Oh, and I need to drop the waistline in the back by half an inch. I made it too high.

This project is a disaster. Everything is going wrong. The actual doublet, however, is turning out very nicely.

Categories: Sewing | Tags: , , | Leave a comment

Post navigation

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: