As I said in a previous post, my doublet design is based on padded doublet at the Met Museum. Mostly just the couched cord on the upper portion of the doublet. I’ve decided to try to mirror the upper line to the waist-V, and do vertical stripes along the top. I’ve moved the double row of buttons from the upper to the lower partition of the doublet, and thought to add ties for the upper portion (all of which is decorative – the doublet closes with hooks and eyes). The skirting consists of looped tabs (like the shoulder wings on the padded doublet), but doubled red and black, with matching tabs along the shoulder.
Right now the bottom tabs are on. Time to add the front fastenings and the shoulder wings.