I have finished the turquoise tea towel, and have moved on to a hot pink one.
Monthly Archives: June 2012
The bodice for the underkirtle (petticoat bodies) is sewn and boned. I was planning on hand-stitching over the visible machine stitching before attaching the skirts, but I decided not to. This is an underdress/foundation layer, so it shouldn’t be visible when worn. Also, the skirts are longer (to wear over a farthingale) so I won’t be tempted to wear it on it’s own. I can always do the hand-sewing later if I change my mind.
The next step is to attach the skirts and straps, then finish the bodice and sew the lacing holes. After that, I can fit the doublet over top of that and start the embroidery. I will hem it later.
My second ball of yarn. I am improving, I think.
The underdress fabric is cut and ready to sew. It softened up a bit more with my poor attempt at mangling.
I’ll be sewing the dress with the same linen thread I used to weave it, waxed with beeswax.