This summer we were gifted a free ‘just take it away’ hot tub. It needed some parts so we ended up putting some money in, but not nearly what it would cost to buy one new (or even used in working order).
Of course, I don’t own a swimsuit that fits comfortably. After looking at the prices those ‘cute swimsuit’ stores placed on teensy fabric pieces, I decided this would be an opportunity to learn to work with stretch fabrics.
My goal, an attractive swimsuit with good bottom coverage. Enter – The Bombshell Swimsuit.
All in all, this was a good project. The steps are well explained and the sew-along blog is very helpful. I found working with gathers in stretch fabric to be the most challenging part – and getting the top-stitching nice and even. I used fabric I bought at half-price for an inexpensive test run.
All in all, I am very pleased with the result.