Since I can’t post about my main project right now (it’s a secret), I’ll post a picture if the progress on my brocaded tabletweaving. I’ve completed one full pass of the pattern, which gives me four inches of band.
I seem to have a system worked out that makes it a bit easier to keep track of the pattern, but it’s still slow going. My beat is still a little uneven but it’s improving. I’m also remembering to manage the twist on the brocading weft, which helps.
Brocaded tablet weaving. One pattern repeat.
After a few false starts I developed a pick-up system that worked well for me. It’s slow going (as pick-up always is), but so far I am happy with the results. The ground warp/weft is 8/2 tencel in a burgundy red, and the brocading weft is 6-strand DMC gold floss. The pattern is from Anna Neuper’s Modelbuch.
After about two hours work
I tried my hand at tabletwoven doubleweave, but I didn’t like how it was going. Instead, I’m going to try a brocaded pattern.